Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC30



 The design team here at The Play Date Cafe are
excited to see this challenge grow each week.
Many thanks go out to YOU for not only playing
with us each week, but for sharing The PDCC with
those you know who also love a good challenge!

We are wonderfully excited to share this week's
celebrity guest designer...
Maile Belles 


  It's our guess that Maile is no stranger to you.
She is currently on the design teams for
Embellish Magazine, Wplus9Design 
and Papertrey Ink.
She has been published in a variety of
paper crafting magazines including:
Paper Crafts, Cards and the
premier issue of Embellish, which is
owned by our recent guest,
Ashley Cannon Newell.
You don't have to wait for these publications to
hit newsstands, though.  You can see Maile's
creativity anytime on her blog


Senior Designer, Mona Pendleton is the
'chooser of this week's colors' for you!
Aren't they wonderfully 'spring-like'?!
Wait till you see what she did to help inspire you...


Yep...that's 'Mona-style'   : )


Your designer host for this week is our own
Here's how she approached this week's challenge:

"This challenge, I loved the colors as they were
soft, pastel and springy.  But when I went to
start working on my card, I was stumped!
I started with the idea of doing a baby card,
but as usual, I meandered away from that and
picked up my alcohol inks and a new stamp
and THAT'S the card I am sharing with you!


Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you.....


Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland


Stephanie Kraft ~ HandKrafted by Stephanie


Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design


Senior Designer 
Sarah Anderson ~ The Art of Moodling


Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations



The prize for this week is a Designer Paper Grab Bag

Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at right



The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #29:
(in alphabetical order)

 Cathy ~ Papier Girl

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!



The Cream in our Coffee
( make sure you see this talent, too! )



and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...



Jaclyn wins the Designer Paper Grab Bag
compliments The Play Date Cafe.

and can proudly display the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.

Jaclyn will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Jaclyn, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.




16 comments:

  1. oh, what a lovely surprise! thanks so much for choosing my card for the fab four! i have my cup proudly displayed on my blog, and will be back soon to play again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a wonderful collection of great pieces...I am so thrilled to have found this amazing place...and I can hardly wait to work on the new challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love everything about this week - the colours, the cards and Guest Designer! Thanks, girls! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to everyone mentioned for last weeks color challenge - we're thrilled so many of you played along! Looks like some of you stalked this weeks challenge, beautiful entires for this week already being posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the creations this week with these colors are so varied,original, and beautifully, carefully made!
    Congrats to the winners!
    One of my favorite challenges. The art created here is definitely over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the mention; I really enjoy your challenges. I'm loving the newest one again, might even post twice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaclyn's card is absolutely stunning! I am glad you recognized her talent on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours to work with girls and some great inspirational samples for us! Thank you. Congratulations to all the winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are SO cute over here! I love your graphics and MOST talented DT inspiration! I'm so excited to join in the fun this week! Julie, thanks for the lil' kick in the YOU-KNOW-WHERE! hee hee What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to all the winners! I love the beautiful colour combination and gorgeous inspiration from the design team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful soft color combo!!! Thank you for inspiring me to play along!!! All the samples are gorgeous!!! Congrats to all the winners!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could you please tell me how to play if I don't have a blog. The rules say to email the photo, but I've looked and looked (although I confess I'm hot and tired, so I might have missed it!), and I can't find an email address anywhere! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sheahasu....I had no return email to respond to your query, so I hope you return for your answer...the email address is now on the sidebar for your convenience....it's
    julieranae@hotmail.com
    We look forward to seeing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for picking my creation last week as a cream in your coffee mention ladies. It made my week!
    Gorgeous artwork for this week and I loved doing this challenge as that bed linen is gorgeous.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tossed this around for a while and ended up with a layout...hope that's okay :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. "I love my studio...
    but my studio wasn't always so great at the beginning.
    I had papers on beds and stamps in the spare bedroom drawers...
    things in the garage and at least five of every tool
    because I couldn't find them anywhere.
    About two years ago, my husband made
    one of our bedrooms into my studio.
    I just LOVE it!
    I am in my studio about five hours a day.
    I am very picky about always having everything 'in it's place'
    and I try to keep it clean (there are days when I am messy!).
    My fav part would be my two desks.
    One is an L-shaped white desk. It is where I create all my cards.
    My other desk was created specifically for my sewing machine.
    My grandma gave me her old vanity drawers
    (a gift from my grandpa)
    I love this desk because it is sentimental as she loves to sew too!
    If you would like to see more of my studio,
    you can check out a YouTube video on my blog!"

    ReplyDelete