Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC41



The Play Date Cafe welcomes you to
the next stop on our tour around the world...
Positano, Italy.
Julie Ranae is your host this week and here
are her thoughts on this destination...

"I first became aware of this magnificent city while
watching one of my favorite movies
'Under the Tuscan Sun'.
I watch this movie quite often while I am
creating because I think the scenery is so inspiring.
I definitely have this place on my 'dream' list of
places to travel.  I hope you enjoy the
color palette taken from this fabulous hillside."

This week, we have a very, very special
guest designer in The Cafe.  If you have played
our challenge for any length of time, you will recognize
this person as one of your 'fellow players' and we
mean that literally.  He has been a friend to our
challenge from the beginning and most recently was
the designer behind the badges that you all get to
display on your blogs.
Please welcome this week's 
Guest Designer
Paul Browning.


"I live in the Northwest of the UK,
with my Civil Partner Nick and one overly
pampered Tabby Cat, Basil.  I studied graphic
design when I left school and began a small
sign making business.  In my spare time, I drifted
into art after reading Julia Cameron's 
'The Artist's Way'.  When I caught Anna Griffin
on QVC and saw how she used design principles
in crafts, I was hooked!
At a local event, I was introduced to the
'inky world' of altered art and my crafting took
a whole new turn.  Recently though, after taking a
Cathy Zielske workshop, I rediscovered my passion
for design.  I'd suddenly felt as if I'd been given permission
to work with 'clean and graphic' techniques.
You are most welcome to pop by and see my
renewed style of crafting on my little ol' blog,

Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you.....

Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design

Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations

Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot

Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland2
 
Senior Designer 
Sarah Anderson ~ The Art of Moodling


Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at left



The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK


Another record player challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!

This Week's Fab 4...
(in alphabetical order)

Jinny Newlin ~ Soaring
Nat ~ Simply Sweet Stamping

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!


The Cream in our Coffee...
( honorable mentions in random order )

 
This group can proudly display the
'Cream in Our Coffee'
badge on their blogs!

and


The Cup of the Week...


Sharon ~ Inklined to Stamp
 
Sharon wins the wonderful stamp set from


and can proudly display the 'Cup of the Week' Badge.
 
Sharon will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Sharon, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.

20 comments:

  1. I love this palette!!!
    I use it often and loved the art created for this challenge!
    Thanks (again)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these colours too, they are gorgeous. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you Paul! You all have come up with fabulous cards, must be the colors! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [05 Aug 11:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Paul! What gorgeous samples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Paul - welcome. Have linked my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul's card and the rest of the DT's cards are gorgeous...WOW! I've gotta play with those wonderful colors Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the examples are giving such creative inspiration!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful inspiration from the DT, not to mention some really wonderful art! It was fun to play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a question concerning this challenge. I paint my own paper for cards and bookbinding. I would like to use your color combo for my next set of papers that I will paint. Is it possible to show my papers as my entry or must I actually create a project with the paper that I paint. I offer a "freebie" of my painted papers every other Sunday and would like to feature this color combo this coming Sunday. Would you accept that as an entry? Thanks,,,
    Cynthia Schelzig a.k.a. Cynnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the gorgeous colour combination and inspiration from the DT this week! Congrats to the cup of the week, fab four and cream in our coffee! I'm delighted that my card was included in the cream in our coffee - thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the DT cards, of course, another fun set of colors this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to everyone fabulous, fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeek! Thanks so much for making me a Fab 4! Soooo honored! What beautiful creations to be named with! Congrats, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATS to everyone...awesome creations! And congrats Sharon..your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to all the winners! So glad to see that Sharon won Cup of the Week - as soon as I saw her card, I thought that she should be the winner! I'm glad you agree!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just submitted my card; it's the first time for me to join you.
    Loved the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My first time in the cafe :0) I dont think ive used these colours before so great challenge for me.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete