Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC09



Merry Christmas one and all!


Our design team host this week is Jules.
Here's what she had to say about her color inspiration...

"Since this challenge week takes us right up to Christmas Day, I wanted to use colors that could be used for Christmas, but that we hadn't used in a while...I decided on blue, gold and cream...more of a heavenly/angelic Christmas color scheme!  Since it brought angels to mind for me, that's just what I used for my card!  Hope you enjoy using these beautiful colors in your creations this week...
...and Merry Christmas!"


Here are projects from our other designers to help inspire you.....



Sarah ~ The Art of Moodling



Julie Ranae ~ Julie's Open Window 



Sandi ~ The Paper Trail / Celticwoman



Alison ~ Stretch N' Bubbles


The prize for this week is $20 in stamping and scrapping supplies from a variety of companies.
Please follow the rules carefully to enter.

Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
Cafe Spotlight will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge, so interpret the colors the way you see them. We are not using specific card stock color names nor brands for our challenges, so you can really break out of the box and have some fun. What we do ask is that the colors that are in the challenge BE our focal colors...when using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. You are welcome to combine challenges, but we do ask that 1. They be used for the first time here 2. You mention in your post that you are playing (better yet, display our color challenge photo) and 3. OUR colors are the focus of the card.

See complete rules on sidebar at right
TO LEAVE A COMMENT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO WINNERS SPOTLIGHT




THIS WEEK'S SPOTLIGHT & FAB 4


Challenge #8 has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU so please, PLEASE play with us again!

          The Play Date Cafe is pleased to present 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #8:
(in alphabetical order)



 Arielle ~ Snappy Stampin'
Deanne ~ Just Wasting Time

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!



and in The Play Date Cafe Feature Spotlight...


Sue Roddis ~ Jabberwocky

Sue AND The Fab 4 win Digi-stamps from


and can proudly display the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.




  Sue will also be eligible to be a Guest Designer 
here in the Cafe.

Sue and The Fab 4...please contact Alison at Stretch N' Bubbles
for your prizes

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

15 comments:

  1. Yeah!! CONGRATS girls.. email me to get your free digital images.. familybubbles@hotmail.com :) You all did an amazing job.. so beautiful.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Fab 4 and Sue, your book is awesome. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness ladies - thank you so much for choosing my card! You absolutely made my day! And I love the new color combo - I must find time to play this week!

    xx-Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all the Winners! All players did an amazing job! Thanks for all the beautiful samples of inspiration with this gorgeous color combo!!! I look forward to creating with this palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Sue for winning the last challenge :)
    I love the color challenge this week...not colors I would usually put together but they look awesome! The DT has made some gorgeous cards for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Scrapbooking Challenges & Competitions search engine today (look for timestamp: 17 Dec [LA 02:59pm, NY 05:59pm, UK 10:59pm] - 18 Dec [OZ 09:59am]).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my I WON!!! Thank you so much for voting for my wild and wacky entry!! I am chuffed!
    Off to make this weels entry now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!

    Wow, fabulous challenge again, great cards and I love the colours, so I'm in again this time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours of this challenge and have added my link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the awesome color combination challenge!! I never would have put these colors together but WOW ... they are gorgeous! The DT has outdone themselves this week ... thanks so much for the inspiration!! Happy Holidays to each of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is again a really great challenge, I love the colour combination. This is truly Christmas and because I am still behind with my card making I decided to use these colours to make a tag instead a card. It was good fun and the DT designs gave lots of inspiration. I wish you all a very happy Christmas, Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to play again...just loooove those colours .. thanks for a fab set of challenges this year...loved them all...and...HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete