Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC17


OPEN DESIGN TEAM CALL...



Sincere apologies go out to all of our players 
for this week's challenge being tardy.
Rather than share those details here, you can 
read and SEE just what happened.

CAFE NEWS

The design team call is still going on
and we want to remind you that it is open to all.
The final call will be Sunday, February 28th.
The new team will be announced sometime
the first week of March.
For all the details, CLICK HERE

We are very excited to welcome...
February Guest Designer 
Hanne Eriksen of Limogglitter
 Hanne is from Norway, hosts a fabulously
popular blog and is uniquely creative.
We think you're gonna love her style!

Once again, this week's beautiful photo comes courtesy of   
Maria Medeiros of CozyComfyCouch.
Maria has a most amazing blog that features
stunning photography.
.  Here's what Julie Ranae had to say about this week's colors:

"There are SO many different color combos
to play with, aren't there?
It wasn't so much the combination of colors here that struck me...
I thought this photo was gorgeous and really felt like the colors
were stunning together.  Hope you have fun with it!"

 

Here's what our other designers have done to inspire you.....

 
Sarah ~ The Art of Moodling

 
Julie ~ A Vintage Chic


'Private Blend' Designer
Mona Pendleton ~ Cupcake's Creations

 
Hanne Eriksen ~ Limoggliter 
Guest Designer for February


The prize for this week is a Designer Paper Grab Bag

Please follow the rules carefully to enter.

Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
Cafe Spotlight will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge, so interpret the colors the way you see them. We are not using specific card stock color names nor brands for our challenges, so you can really break out of the box and have some fun. What we do ask is that the colors that are in the challenge be OUR focal colors...when using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. You are welcome to combine challenges, but we do ask that 1. They be used for the first time here 2. You mention in your post that you are playing (better yet, display our color challenge photo) and 3. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
See complete rules on sidebar at right
TO LEAVE A COMMENT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO WINNERS SPOTLIGHT




THE CUP OF THE WEEK & FAB 4

Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #16:
(in alphabetical order)

Lisa Buttafuoco ~ Our2AngelsinHeaven
  Paul B ~ The Artsiders
Sav O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland
Tami Camp ~ Paper Infusions and More...

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!


and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...

 

Beverly Gotthardt ~ Gott Heart Art


Beverly wins a Designer Paper grab bag and can proudly display
the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.



Beverly will also be eligible to be 
a Guest Designer here in the Cafe.
Beverly please contact me at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!







16 comments:

  1. Love your coffee mugs Julie, what a great design!
    Will have to see the pics tomorrow,as it will be tomorrow for me in 6 mins time. I'm so glad you're back in touch with the rest of the world. Just think, we'd have had to resort to real letters, and they take 4days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOOOOOOOORAY for all the winners:) Thanks for picking me as one of the TOP 4:) I love this new challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee shucks aww wowwww!!! Haha. Thank you for making me one of the fab 4 this week. Very kindhearted of you all. Congrats to all the other chosen fab ones & to Beverly. Brilliantly deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW loving this weeks colours. Yummmmmo just makes me think coffee and chocolate and jaffa lollies cant wait to play

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners, and ohhh I love the colours this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours this week too, and although I've entered a piece, it didn't go very well... Thanks for the challenge though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been a pick me up day for sure. Thank you so much for the honor of making me one of the top 4...it truly has made my day. thanks Julia Ranae for letting me know...you truly made my day too! Now on to the colors for this challenge I truly love too. Love the picture you found to go with them....have a super day and congrat's to all of the other winners for their master pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous inspiration ladies!!! Thanks for the wonderful ideas, and the great color combo to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the variety of styles!!! Some great designing!
    Had fun again!
    Congratulations to the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done all winners!
    I've finally posted my entry for this week - very interesting choice of colours this week! Love the entries so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to the winners! Great variety of styles.
    Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I just popped over to enter my card, couldn't resist staying with the coffee theme, and low and behold was I ever surprised with winning the Cup of the Week, that's what my post was about--Surprises!!
    Thanks so much Ladies!! I'm bowled over, WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to Beverly and the Fab4. Your creations are absolutely brilliant. Thank you for this colour challenge and the fantastic examples from the DT, very inspiring, Petra.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, I linked my card, but I am unsure of how to link to a post only. How do I do it?
    Please help because I really want to play along.

    ReplyDelete