Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC21



Spring is definitely in the air...Oh yeah!
Last week you got a glimpse of our new design team.
This week, we are excited to begin sharing their inspiring work with you.

Also joining us for the next two weeks is our
March Guest Designer 
Jean Franks Beck of Bluebird Paperie
 Jean designs for Cornish Heritage Farms and
Gingersnap Creations.
She is a favorite here in The Cafe 
and we think you'll like her too!

 Each week, you will hear our senior designer's thoughts
behind their color inspirations AND learn a little
something about each of our new designers as
they become your host for each challenge.

Private Blend designer Mona Pendleton's
eye zeroed in on this week's
inspiration photo.  Here's what she has to say...

"Cherry blossoms...a sure sign that Spring has sprung!
The various shades of pink with yellow scattered about
makes for a fabulous color palette for this week's challenge"


Now...meet Savannah O'Gwynn
Your host for this week's challenge.


"I started crafting at a young age, but I didn't buy my first stamps
until my birthday last year.
Last June, my husband encouraged me
to leave my teaching profession to pursue my
crafting passion and it
was then that my life changed.
I started buying lots of stamps, started
my blog and began entering challenges.  I found that I really love
all sorts of crafts.  I love working in my studio and being creative."


Here's what our other designers have done to inspire you.....

  

Stephanie Kraft ~ HandKrafted by Stephanie


Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design


Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations


Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot 


Julie Ranae ~ Julie's Open Window


Jean Franks Beck ~ Bluebird Paperie
Guest Designer for March



The prize for this week is a Designer Paper Grab Bag
Please follow the rules carefully to enter.

Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
Cafe Spotlight will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge, so interpret the colors the way you see them. We are not using specific card stock color names nor brands for our challenges, so you can really break out of the box and have some fun. What we do ask is that the colors that are in the challenge be OUR focal colors...when using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. You are welcome to combine challenges, but we do ask that 1. They be used for the first time here 2. You mention in your post that you are playing (better yet, display our color challenge photo) and 3. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
See complete rules on sidebar at right
TO LEAVE A COMMENT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO WINNERS SPOTLIGHT


The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #20:
(in alphabetical order)

Davi ~ Alstromeria's Artistry
  Gayle Page-Robak ~ A Stamper's Touch
Jo Hooper ~ My Crafting Journey
Veronica ~ Vroncards

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!



The Cream in our Coffee
( make sure you see this talent, too! )


 
and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...



Jacqueline ~ My Scrap Basket


Jacqueline wins a Designer Paper grab bag and can proudly display
the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.


Jacqueline will also be eligible to be 
a Guest Designer here in the Cafe.
Jacqueline please contact me at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address

Blog Hop Winner.....


Cassie please contact me at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address

22 comments:

  1. Congrats to the Fab 4 the cream in our coffee and to Jacqueline! Whoo Hoo! Can't wait to see everyone's creations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all who hopped & played along! Congrats to the Fab 4 & Jacqueline!

    Thanks girls for making this week's colors look so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you all for putting on the blog hop. I really enjoyed it. Congrat's to all of the in the FAB 4, cream in our coffee ad to Jacqueline! Great job all!

    Tamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH thank you so very much - what a lovely surprise this morning! Congrats to the FAB 4!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thanks so much. I will wear my badge with honour. I am so chuffed.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winners, fabulous job with the DT samples girls, and lastly - what fab colours too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Jacqueline!! I ADORE her card! These colors were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing designs, ladies! Really beautiful and inspiring stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks very much girls for choosing me as one of your fab4 - you made my day!
    Colours look fantastic and springlike for this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to all of the winners today!!! Fabulous designs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to all the winners. You girls always put up such a beautiful inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my goodness! are these ever gorgeous. my poor measley card (boo hoo) but i just love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to the deserving winners!!!
    I think this color combo has the prettiest examples ever from the designers!!!
    I had fun too!
    again

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOOORAY to the winners!! Great job!! Can't wait to see what everyone creates with these beautiful colors!! Great color combo:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colours, and what amazing, inspirational cards from the DT girls! So glad to have discovered this lovely challenge site!Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great DTcards! Love this challenge with those lovely, happy bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to Jacqueline and the Fab4, wonderful creations! Thank you for the colour challenge, I love the colours. They are so cheerful. The creations from the DT are very inspiring. Petra.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous colours! I've just jumped in and joined in for the first time...thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Ladies! Gorgeous cards!!

    Love this new challenge! Great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these colors... I just finished my card.. I found some flowers and they look like the ones in the picture so real!!! woohoooo!!!!
    Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much - I'm honored to be in such good company with these fabulously talented ladies!

    Hugs
    Ramona :-)
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete