Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC23


What inspires you to create?
Is it a sight or a sound?
What about a scent or a taste?

This week we thank the folks at
Martha Stewart.com for this fabulous
inspiration photo.

You're welcome to use either
cream or white for your project.

Throughout the coming months, we have
a number of fabulous guest designers joining
us here in The Cafe.

This week, we welcome
Arielle Gordon of 'Snappy Stamper'.
Arielle was a
'Cup of the Week' winner and you'll see why!
Welcome Arielle!

This week, it's a British Invasion!
Both our senior designer Sarah Anderson
and team member Ruby 2 Shoes are hosting.

Here's Sarah's thoughts about her creative process:

"Blue has been my favourite colour since primary 
school but funnily enough I rarely use it in cards.
I noticed that for all the other Play Date challenges 
which featured blue, I have crocheted or sewn, 
so this time I decided to challenge myself 
to make a card.  I still had to get my paint out though
as all my 'blue' inkpads lean towards teal.  
However, it was only this week 
that I discovered that some people didn't realise 
that you could use paint on stamps.  
If you've never tried, why not give it a go?  
I used a piece of cut n dry foam to apply 
a baby blue and a bright blue to my stamp,
then added layers to my card 
and finished with some stitching."


Now...meet Ruby 2 Shoes
Your design team host for this week!


I started stamping about 20 years ago
(oh my goodness, that sounds awful out loud!) 
I then got into die cutting and 
left stamping behind a bit.
More recently I’ve started to combine the two. 
I found it quite difficult to get back into stamping
because my ideas were a bit old fashioned,
but since starting my blog I have been inspired
by so many other stampers out there. 
They’ve made me realise that you can stamp cards
and still make them look contemporary!  
I  love playing along in challenges.
They really push me to think outside of my usual designs;
There is nothing as satisfying as starting out 
with a piece of white card
and playing with papers, ribbons and inks! 
I tend to put a little piece of me into 
every card I make.
I’m addicted, I absolutely love it!


Here's what our other designers have done to inspire you.....


Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations


Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot


Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland

 

'Private Blend' Designer  
Mona Pendleton ~ Cupcake's Creations

 

Stephanie Kraft ~ HandKrafted by Stephanie


Arielle Gordon ~ Snappy Stamper
Guest Designer



The prize for this week is a Designer Paper Grab Bag
Please follow the rules carefully to enter.

Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
Cafe Spotlight will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge, so interpret the colors the way you see them. We are not using specific card stock color names nor brands for our challenges, so you can really break out of the box and have some fun. What we do ask is that the colors that are in the challenge be OUR focal colors...when using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. You are welcome to combine challenges, but we do ask that 1. They be used for the first time here 2. You mention in your post that you are playing (better yet, display our color challenge photo) and 3. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
See complete rules on sidebar at right
TO LEAVE A COMMENT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO WINNERS SPOTLIGHT




The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #22:
(in alphabetical order)

Linda B ~ Card Challenges & More
  Melissa H  ~ My Paper Obsession
Teresa Kline ~ Enjoy the VA Sunshine
Tracy Evans ~ Craft Addicts

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!



The Cream in our Coffee
( make sure you see this talent, too! )


 
and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...


Magdalena ~ Axes Designs


Magdalena wins a Designer Paper grab bag and can proudly display
the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.


Magdalena will also be eligible to be 
a Guest Designer here in the Cafe.
Magdalena please contact me at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address


22 comments:

  1. wooow Magdaa! congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the featured artists, well done!!!
    My favorite color is blue!!!
    http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2010/03/playdate-cafe_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the honor of being in the Fab 4....I will display my badge with pride!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great DT work here, love this week's colours - so sorry I didn't get time to play last week - not sure how that happened!! Will try harder this week, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMY! OMY!! I won!!! I'm so happy!!! Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! I'll proudly display the "Play Date Cafe Winner" Badge in my blog.... Thanks Play Date Cafe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful colors and beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colors, ladies! Your samples are divine! If I can get some time, I think I'l give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winner, Magdalina, the Fab Four and the Cream in our Cup! Can't wait to get working on this weeks colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, thank you once again, it is such an honor to grab this badge.....I put them all in one neat post to keep them all together! Luv the blue this week!

    You can see them all here
    http://enjoythevasunshine.blogspot.com/2009/12/you-can-find-me-here.html

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for picking my card as one for your creme in your coffee! I can't wait to work on this week's awesome color challenge and thank you so much for all the sweet comments. Congratulations to the winner her card was beautiful.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these are such amazing looking examples! What a great set of colors to work with! You girls rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I made sure I got time to play at the cafe this week! I love the thumbnails you've added to the links!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a beautiful cafe here! very inspiring and I have made my first creation for this challenge.Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!
    sema

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm lovin' all these creations today. And the winner's card. What beautiful blues. I'm such a visual person, sight would be my channel for creativity. I have to come and browse more when my schedule slows down. Will it ever? Today I'm watching a sick grandchild. But I love it and wouldn't want to trade for anything else at the moment. Thanks Julie for stopping by always and commenting. I always love to have you come by.
    Blessings today,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Magda!!! You are an Artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried again to add my link and it posted error!!
    http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2010/03/playdate-cafe_31.html

    I wish i could add my art!!!
    Maybe you could help me?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards from your design team! Thanks for the opportunity to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations ladies!

    This is my first time playing here. Are we allowed to submit more than one entry? I'm thinking in between four choices (these are my mom's favorite colors!) and can't make up my mind.

    Thanks so much!
    Melissa
    mrshungria@yahoo.com
    http://melissapaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I have posted my new challenge.. I hope you like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I came back again to view the blues! I must say this is a gorgeous collection from those who played!!!
    Blue really is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You can find my entry here
    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete