Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC32



Those flowers are gorgeous, aren't they?
The frosting looks ridiculously YUMMY!

There's ALL KINDS OF GOODNESS
and LOADS OF INSPIRATION...so here we go!

Our fabulous sponsors this week:


Limelight Papercrafts
is owned by husband & wife
Drew and Mandy.  They are committed to
bringing the best in stamping and scrapbooking
products and at a great price!

Here's what you COULD win...


"How Delightful' set from Lawn Fawn
AND
'Canvas Flowers' from Jillibean Soup



NEXT UP.....

We are delighted to welcome
Jen del Muro
to The Play Date Cafe
as this week's Celebrity Guest Designer.


"Hi, it's me...Jen del Muro of
www.iheart2stamp.com
As the name of my blog suggests,
I LoVe to stamp!
I have always loved paper projects and
in 2004, I was introduced to stamping
and it's been non-stop ever since.
Can you relate?  : )

I have served on a variety of design teams
including Verve, The Cat's Pajamas,
Taylored Expressions, Stamping Bella
and Splitcoast's Dirty Dozen.
Many of my cards have been published
in paper crafting magazines and I also
collaborated on a book for Design Originals
featuring alcohol markers (Copic).

My  favorite thing about stamping is the wonderful
people you meet along the way.  It's amazing how
a little rubber (or photo-polymer), ink and
paper can bring people together.
Thank you to The Play Date Cafe for having
me play along!  I don't know that I would have chosen
these colors on their own, but they are
truly delightful together!"


Our inspiration photo is courtesy of
our senior designer, Sarah Anderson.

"How stunning is that wedding cake?!
It was made for a friend of mine,
by another friend who had never really
made a cake like this before!

I spend a lot of time thinking about
colour, looking out for great combinations
and taking notice of the colours other people
use in their artwork.
Peach is NOT one of my colours!
I think it looks pretty on this cake, but I would
never in a million years use it in my artwork.
However, being the kind of girl I am and being
on a 'colour challenge' design team, it was
time to REALLY challenge myself this week."


Your host for this week's challenge is
Let's see where she creates.....

My creative space is a spare bedroom in our house.
I spend a lot of time in it, so it is important that it
be organized.  I am constantly reorganizing as I
acquire new supplies.
I am far from a 'neat-freak', but I find that I am
most productive when my workspace isn't messy,
so I always clean up before I get started on a new
project.  Besides, if I didn't, I'd only have a tiny
corner of my table to work on!  : )
I am sharing a video of my studio over
on my blog, so I hope you'll stop by!"


Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you.....


Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design


Senior Designer
Mona Pendleton ~ Cupcake's Creations


Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations


Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot


Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland2


Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at right




The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #31:
(in alphabetical order)

 Anne ~ Anne-ecdotes
Clare Buswell ~ Clare's Creations
Joanna K ~ Under a Creative Spell
Rosemary D ~ Hey There Rosigrl

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!



The Cream in our Coffee
( make sure you see this talent, too! )



and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...

Jo Willis ~ Here I Go Again

Jo wins the Stamper's Surprise
compliments The Play Date Cafe.

and can proudly display the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.

Jo will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Jo, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.



15 comments:

  1. Can't believe I'm first! Thanks for giving me a color palette I could work with... simple card, but sometimes those are the best. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your examples are lovely!!!!
    I enjoyed this color palette and went a little bolder, hope it's O K!
    http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2010/06/playdate-cafe.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for giving me "the cream in the coffee" I am truly delighted.
    Look forward to playing again with your new 'oh so beautiful' colour inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! The designers all have some beautiful cards to get me inspired!
    Love the soft colors in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! Thank you so much for choosing my card and congrats to everyone on producing such gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! delighted to be in the Fab 4!! Loved the colors we had to work with. Some great cards on here! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another Wow, here! Thanks for picking my card for the Fab 4! Congrats to the winner, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trying to add link....will try again later!
    (see 1st message)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got the link thru!
    A little on the bight side!
    Love these colors and the examples are all so soft and dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, ladies! THESE CARDS are fantastic! Congratulations, Jo ~ super card! You fab 4 and all of the creamy fabulous, WHAT TERRIFIC INSPIRATION!

    Love the new swatch and gorgeous DT inspiration here! This is a rockin' lil' challenge site! I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE I can find some time to play along this round! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the Fab 4, I am so excited and proud!!! Fantastic creations by DT this week and great colour set ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved reading about Jen, have admired her for awhile. That is one gorgeous cake, I'm sure it was even prettier in person.Thanks for the great challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards and colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the colors on your site. Count me in for the drawing :)
    getkoneckted@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the BlogHop. I hope I win! Thank you to you , SuziBlu and the bunch of other wonderful artists.
    http://crystalscreations-stillwatersgallery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete