Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC33



We love that YOU are able to tell 
JUST by the inspiration photo 
WHO is the senior DT host for the week
and there is no mistaking this week's, is there?!
It's our Mona Pendleton!

  
We LOVE this week's 'color story' and we think you will too!


QUICK REMINDER
Would you be willing to turn off the
word verification (captcha) on your blog?
Our design team make an effort to visit and comment 
on every single entry, but the word verification 
prompt is making it harder to do each week.
Word verification has been causing many designer's
computers to literally 'lock up' which in turn does 
not allow us to let you know we stopped by.
You can change your blog settings to monitor 
your comments if you are using it to avoid spam.
We sincerely appreciate your consideration!


We are so happy to have a new sponsor here in The Cafe
this week and the owner is also our celebrity guest designer!






Practicing Creativity has a wonderful line
of photo-polymer stamps with images
that are very versatile.
What a terrific prize they have for our
creative winner this week:

Barefoot Summer

We are delighted to welcome the owner
and creator of Practicing Creativity stamps
as our celebrity guest designer.


"I love crafts!
Really...I can't get enough of them.
Thankfully, my sweet husband Chase knew
that long before he married me.  He had seen the
many scrapbooks lining my shelves!
If you've seen any of my videos, you know I
am from the south...Nashville to be exact.
Six months ago I started to design my own
stamps and running my own company.
It's certainly been an adventure, but I've loved
every minute of it.  I invite you to come see me



Your host for this week's challenge is
Let's see where she creates.....

"My creative space is my studio in my our home.
We converted a garage into a studio and utility area.
It's a work in progress and there is still much to be done.
Overall organization is important.  For instance, I want to
replace my horrible old plastic boxes for some cute,
fabric bags and make everything look more 'girly'!
 I used to work out of cupboards in the dining room
and under our stairs, so this is a definite improvement!
For some reason, I am very messy when I create.  I get
an idea in my mind and then after I rummage,
it looks as if 20 people have been making cards instead of
just lil 'ol me!
I have some photos of my studio to share, so I hope
you will pop by and say hi!"


Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you.....


Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations


Julie Ranae ~ Julie's Open Window


Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot


Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland2


Sarah Anderson ~ The Art of Moodling



Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at right


The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #32:
(in alphabetical order)


The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!



The Cream in our Coffee
( make sure you see this talent, too! )



and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...


Kim Costelo ~ PaperBabe

Kim wins the Stamper's Package from



and can proudly display the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.

Kim will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Kim, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.



17 comments:

  1. Goodness, gracious! There is SO much fabulousness in this ONE post, my head is twitching! FIRST OF ALL, congrats to all the coffee cups and various forms of crafty goodness - man! This is one rockin' fun challenge site! NOW, you bring COURTNEY into the mix! Holy - fantastic accent - is she crafty!?! I'm going to find time to play this week, even if I have to send the kids to work with my husband! YEE HAW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color choices this week! I hope I get some time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to our Fab 4, Cream of the Coffee and our winner! Fabulous entries by everyone. Look forward to seeing what everyone cooks up with the fun colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all those mentioned this week! Looking forward to seeing all your fab entries with this weeks colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super excited to be creating with you girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great colors this week!!! I'll definitely be doing this one, and I just got some of COurtney's fab ribbon in my mailbox this week.. take a look at this card I made last nite.. I just might enter this one into the challenge along with my new card I'll be creating later today! Love these colors... wow!!!!! see here, http://alifeunrehearsed2.blogspot.com/2010/06/beautiful-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to all the winners! Love the new combo of colors and looking forward in checking out Courtney's Practicing Creativity site and stamps!! Thanks for the "cream" (can't have my coffee without it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this color combo too...and congrats to the winners...I love playing here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors this week!!!
    Having a little trouble with mr.link, but will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 4 pm, still can't link! If you want to see go to my blog
    http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2010/06/playdate-cafe_09.html
    I will try again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge... Disabled my word verification but didn't get one comment re my entry so hope it is working?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for yet another great challenge, I keep waiting for the week when I look at the colors and think "that's me!", but in the mean time I'm working hard to create with different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had fun with your colors this week, but not at all like your girly bedroom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for this challenge! Im so proud of being part of the fab 4!!! The color inspiration of the last week was really cute (:
    Thank you!,
    Agus

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the color combo....thanks so much for this challenge and I hope you like my first creation for your challenge Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! I am sorry I am late for the challenge, but still wanted to attempt these unique colors.... So here is my card....

    My Colors Thanking You,

    Ash...
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete