Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Play Date Cafe PDCC97


Welcome back to the Play Date Cafe!

It's everyone's favorite challenge....
The Color Splash!

How to splash? 
Simply create something in Black and then add just a splash of color
THIS WEEK IT'S A SPLASH OF RED!!!!

Remember...it's ONLY A SPLASH & ONLY RED!
(all other color splashes will be deleted!)



In Cafe News...
We are so happy to have another new
Private Blend Designer 
coming to The Cafe!!

Please meet 
Stacy Rodriguez



"My name is Stacy Rodriguez and I'm a midwest girl from Illinois.  
I have been scrapbooking for about 8 years now.  I love every minute of creating cards, layouts, and altered items. I also work at my LSS so I ALWAYS have my hands on scrap goodies!!  I have been with hubby for 15 years now, and we have a daughter who just started high school this year and she is the main focus of almost all of my layouts!!   When I am scrapbooking you will always find a cup of coffee or a Dr. Pepper by my side to keep the mojo going.  I try and create something or work on a project everyday.  My scrapbook addiction is letter stickers.  Any kind, color,size you name it I love my letter stickers.
I want to thank everyone here for welcoming me as the newest 
Private Blend Designer.


We are so pleased to welcome 
a wonderful new sponsor to the Cafe...

I have always believed there was a need for stamp sets that crafters could use in their cards, scrapbook pages and other crafty projects for the boys and men in their life.  I have searched for stamps that could fill that niche  but would only find a random stamp set here and there.  I was tired of the same old fishing and sports stamp sets.  I could not rely on the craft market to meet my needs so I went out and started my own stamp company...TradeFish Designs!
Now don't get the wrong idea, you can use the images and sentiments in my stamps for feminine cards or projects too!  I am creating stamps that you can use for anyone...think of them as "unisexy" stamps.  All the designs are a product of my own quirky design style and sense of humor, as well as a reflection of the boys and men I have had the privilege to know and love.  I hope you enjoy TradeFish Designs stamps and create wonderful projects for the people you care about.
TradeFish Designs Company Pledge:  
There will be no flowers, butterflies and/or girly swirls in any TradeFish Designs stamp sets ever!


This weeks
Cup of the Week
will win a... 

$20 shopping spree at TradeFish Designs!


A special thank you to TradeFish Designs for providing
our designers with this week's images...

And here is the Splash work of 
The Play Date Design Team...



pdcc97_jax
Jaclyn Miller



Please follow THE PLAY DATE CAFE RULES 
carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday

The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced 
during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge.
Interpret the colors the way you see them.
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, 
they must be limited to neutrals.
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used 

2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
See complete rules on sidebar at left








The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

 Another great challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!

This Week's Fab 4...
(in alphabetical order)

Claire B ~ Clare's Creations


The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!

The Cream in our Coffee...
( honorable mentions in random order) 

Steph M 

This group can proudly display the
'Cream in Our Coffee'
badge on their blogs!

and
 
The Cup of the Week...



Melissa L ~ My Whimsy Life


Melissa wins the fab stamp set from


and can proudly display the 'Cup of the Week' Badge
Cup of the Week Winner
please contact Michele atcookingwithmsg@msn.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.

13 comments:

  1. congratulations to the deserving winners!!!
    I posted a thumbnail and you need to click the blue high light name to visit my blog.
    It is the only way I can post a thumbnail, the other linking does not go through!

    http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2011/08/play-date-cafe_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners!

    You ladies did an AWESOME JOB showcasing TradeFish Designs Stamps.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winners amazing work.
    Love the colorcombo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the mention, delighted to be in the Fab 4, congrats to all! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers!! Thanks so much!!! Congrats to all the winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to all the winners! So thrilled to be selected for the Fab 4! Fantastic inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you click on my thumbnail, #1, it will take you to
    "site not found"
    BUT
    click the blue highlight and it will take you there!
    I couldn't link the other way.
    Next week I'll try again and see if linky works for me.
    Anyone else having issues with linking up?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creations. Entered my Pinocchio creation that I used black for background, white for front images & splash of red is red Stickles on the book.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBeer"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering if you'd be willing to add the Follow by Email gadget to your sidebar... It makes it easier for me to follow my fav blogs when updates are sent to my inbox!
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linked up! =) Look at all that FAB inspiration.. both from the DT and the link up.. holy moly black and white with a splash of red is a HIT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. almost forgot to say thanks girls for the mention last week... didn't get to play along this week - but wow the gallery is full of delicious works of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a great challenge--my mojo really needed a shot in the arm today, and this color splash challenge was just what I needed to get moving!

    ReplyDelete