Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC26




It is time for challenge #26 here in The Cafe.

Lots happening here this week...
We have a fabulous celebrity guest designer
and a really fun sponsor,
so let's get right to it, shall we?!

This week, we are thrilled to have
Mod Podge Rocks as our sponsor!



Amy Anderson is the awesome host of this
fun and fabulous blog and she is offering this
great Mod Podge 'Starter Pack' to our
'Cup of the Week'
for this challenge.
This starter pack reminds us all that...
'it's not your mama's Mod Podge'!
There are just so many fabulous formulas
for more projects than ever.
Make some time to pop over to
Mod Podge Rocks and tell them
The Play Date Cafe sent you  : )


This week's celebrity guest designer is
Jen Tapler


You may know Jen from...well...
She hates 'tooting her own horn' but
here she is to introduce herself:

"Aloha!  
I am so honored and excited to be playing
along with the Play Date Cafe girls this week!
I live on the beautiful island of Maui
with my husband Joel and my 3 year old son, Dean.
I've been scrapbooking and stamping 
for a couple of years now and am 
completely addicted to all things paper!
I am currently on the design team for
as well as Paper Craft Planet.
I am really into hybrid papercrafting
(digi meets traditional)
and serve on the Hybrid Creative Team
Libby Weifenbach as well as a freelance
I host the Scrapbook Sketch Challenge
'Scrappy Sunday' over at PCP.
I enjoy spending time with my family,
hanging out at the beach, hiking, surfing, camping,
paddleboarding and just enjoying the beauty of
our island home."


The color story this week was chosen by
Julie Ranae.  Inspired by the fabulous
Sundance.com catalog, yummy eye-candy for all!
"Feel free to use silver or gray along with
clay, cream and turquoise-y blue.
IT'S YOUR INTERPRETATION
so have fun!"


Your design team hostess-with-the-mostess

"I love color challenges. It makes me think outside the box.
However, the hardest thing for me when working with color 
challenges, is picking which sketch 
I would like to use. I had three sketches this week--so it 
was hard to pick one that would showcase the colors well:}"


Here's what our other designers have done to inspire you.....


 'Private Blend' Designer  
Mona Pendleton ~ Cupcake's Creations


Stephanie Kraft ~ HandKrafted by Stephanie


Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design


Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations


Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot 




Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun!  


The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 See complete rules on sidebar at right
We are so happy to have you play along with us!
Your link MUST go directly to your entry for the week
All others will be deleted

see complete rules on sidebar on right




  

The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK


Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #25:
(in alphabetical order)

Andrea M ~ Work in Progress
Kathe ~ Majos Art
Lynette ~ Netter's Notables
Michele Gross ~ Studio MSG

The Fab 4 can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!


The Cream in our Coffee 
( make sure you see this talent, too! )

Tenia
Nancy K

and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...

Lisa V ~ Mimi G. Gallery

Lisa wins the fabulous stamp set from
last week's sponsor, Lawn Fawn Designs.



and can proudly display the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.

Lisa will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in the cafe.

Lisa, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.

17 comments:

  1. congratulations to the winners. The art created is so varied and well executed!!!
    I always enjoy seeing the examples for inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done everyone - there were LOADS of entries last week and all lovely. I am sorry I missed out on this challenge, not sure where the time went..... will try harder this week, promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for picking my card. I can't believe that I won!!! All of the cards were so beautiful, to be picked is a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all the winners! I was on vacation last week and didn't get my card done in time but plan to play this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats winners! ALL the players did a great job this week! LOVE all this creativity out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so excited. Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winners and feels good to be the cream in the coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats everyone! All entries were so wonderful and had a great variety of styles which is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to everyone! Lots of wonderful entries last week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the winners and to everyone, great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrat's to everyone who won this week. I loved the colors and looksing at everyones creations. Thank you so much for adding my card to the Cream in our Coffee, I really appreciate it. I had so much fun and the DT's are always so inspriational.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards everyone! I get so many great ideas from all of you. Working on mine right now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to all the winners and Lisa - huge congrats! Thanks so much for picking may card for the fab 4! I really appreciate it :) So many gorgeous cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is so much talent congregating here every week, it's just amazing! Congrats to Lisa and the Fab 4, your work is stunning! Thanks for choosing my card for the Cream again, I'm honored to be among this talented group.
    blessings,
    nancyk

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of the cards are so fun and inspiring to look at! Each color challenge seems to be more fantastic than the next. Every week, I say, " I love these colors"! and I really do!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved these colors, gave me a chance to use my copper.Lots of pretty cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ughhh how did I miss this - what day is it? where have I been? So sorry - I'll play this weekend, I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete