Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC45


Congratulations to all of you who took the ultimate
challenge last week.  If you missed it, scroll down to
see what you missed.  We had one of the most colorful
project galleries and it was a pleasure to see how you all
made those colors work for you.

Senior Designer Julie Ranae, is your color host this week...
"I chose the colors this week with our guest designer in mind.
Her blog is always full of bold, bright, deep, rich colors and I
couldn't wait to see what she would bring to The Cafe as inspiration"

Please welcome Sankari Wegman!
"Hi Everyone, I am so excited
to be a guest designer today at the Play Date Cafe!!! YAY!! 
My husband and I live out in the cornfields of Iowa with our
two little ones and work as an Ayurvedic health consultant 
and just decided to go back to school this fall 
to finish my PhD in physiology :) 
I love spending time with my family and also love when everyone 
has gone to bed and I get to sneak away to my craft corner 
(which is literally just one corner)  I wish I had 4 corners! 
I started blogging about 2 years ago and what started as a small hobby (that fit into one drawer! has completely become a full fledged addiction :)) 
I feel so lucky to be designing for some wonderful companies and groups and am currently a design team member for Paper Craft Planet, Taylored Expressions, Verve Stamps, JustRite stamps and a DT member of the Gina K Card Club kit. Blogging has been a wonderful way for me to create special presents and cards for my family and friends and as creative therapy to unwind from the hectic schedule of the day, but more than anything it has also allowed me to make new best friends all over the world who also share this love of all things paper crafting! A huge thank you to Julie and her amazing Design Team for having me here today to play along with this amazingly delicious color combination!!! 
Big hugs and high fives to everyone,
Sankari"


We are also very excited to welcome
Andrea Ewen
as our newest Private Blend Designer.
We know you are going to love her style as much
as we do!

"My name is Andrea Ewen and I'm married to my high school sweetheart, Guy.  We have 2 beautiful children together, Troy is 12, Analise is 10 and they are the absolute lights of my life.  I work full time as a pharmacist at the Jersey Shore
in a quaint little "Mom n' Pop" pharmacy.  
When I'm not working or running to and from sporting/school events I'm in my craft room working up a storm.  I was introduced to Stampin' Up! in 2002 when a friend invited me to a party. Since that time, I've been hooked but just recently began to post my creations online on my blog "EwenStyle", which I started in March of this year. I'm looking forward to being a part of this wonderful Design Team here at The Play Date Cafe and grateful to these extremely talented artists for letting me join them on this fantastic ride!"


Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you.....

Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design

Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations

Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot

Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland2

Senior Designer 
Sarah Anderson ~ The Art of Moodling


Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at left


The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK


Another great challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!

This Week's Fab 4...
(in alphabetical order)


The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!


The Cream in our Coffee...
( honorable mentions in random order )

This group can proudly display the
'Cream in Our Coffee'
badge on their blogs!

and

The Cup of the Week...

Andrea M  ~ Work In Progress
 
Andrea wins the prize package from


and can proudly display the 'Cup of the Week' Badge.
 
Andrea will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Andrea, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.

17 comments:

  1. Sankari is as sweet in person as she seems on her blog...and I've said it before, but I'll say it again, her projects are truly works of art! I LOVE the color combo this week, and I can't wait to play along! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners of last week's challenge. This week's samples are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Andrea, what a beautiful creation!

    I'm looking forward to this weeks challenge, wonderful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations ! to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Just got a text to tell me I'd made the Fab Four! Thank you, I'm now one very happy crafter (it doesn't take much lol).

    Congratulations to Andrea and everybody else.

    Nice colours for the new challenge - I have a cunning plan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the Fab Four, Cream in the Coffee and our cup of the week. Congrats to everyone who played and worked through the challenging colors! Looking forward to this weeks entries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to be a cream in the coffee and congrats to all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello to Everyone~

    Congratulations to All of the Winners! And, a BIG thank you to the DT for putting this challenge...and exciting challenge it was together for us.

    Thank you to who ever selected the winners. I don't know if it is an individual, a group or by random drawing. I am thrilled to be "Cream in Your Coffee!" It is the first time I have ever been awarded anything. So, thank you very much. Will someone please tell me how to pick up that badge and show it on my blog? I have never done that before! Thank you!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations!
    A beautiful selection!
    It is very HOT here(101) and consequently my creation is a little hotter too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies!!!! I am absolutely on cloud nine! I will proudly display the Cup of the Week badge om my blog! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Andrea!

    What beautiful cards created by the DT for the next challenge! The color combo is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing cards, love how different everyone's take on the challenge is-such a variety. Great job DT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay Sankari! All of the samples this time are gorgeous, and congrats to the winners! I thought I was playing along, but I was a bit off on the colors, oops! Oh well, I tried. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful color combo this week. Eliminate the beige and you have the colors of Virginia Tech.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful color combination! love the DT's creations. hope you're having a wonderful weekend! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, been away enjoying the sun and fun in Florida with my husband but now I'm back and I'm so EXCITED to be a FAB 4! And a big shout out to Andrea whose chair card was truly AMAZING! Also congrats to all of the other FAB 4s and all of the Cream in their coffees! It is wonderful to be recognized by such a fun blog challenge whatever level you're at!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you - I am so excited by my honorable mention - thanks to Paul for telling me (I was away at the time)

    ReplyDelete