Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC49



It's time for another challenge here in The Cafe.
But before we get to it, there's some
Big News!

The Play Date Cafe will be on the prowl
for additions to The World's Best Design Team!
Could it be you?
In the next couple weeks, we will be issuing an
official DT call, so if you are interested,
keep an eye out here!

This week, your color host is our very own
senior designer, Sarah Anderson

"When I saw this photograph I just fell in love
with the colour combo.  It really keeps my attention. 
I love turquoise and hot pink together,
but would never think to combine it with
the warm, rust brown yet this image really works"


Another new sponsor is
here in The Cafe!

The Technique Junkie Newsletter was started in 2002 as a 
resource for Rubber Stamping Techniques. 
The Newsletter is published every-other month, featuring 15 or more 
stamping techniques in step-by-step format. 
Each technique has a corresponding pictorial online, and a full page 
of inspirational artwork by the 
talented Technique Junkie Newsletter Designers.
To date, over 600 Techniques have been published, 
by far the largest and most extensive library of 
rubber stamping tutorials available.

This week's prize....

A three-year online-only subscription. 
The winner will have online access to 
the 2009-2011 issues, 
a total of nearly 300 Technique Tutorials.
Value...$29.95

We are happy to welcome Pat Huntoon,
owner of Technique Junkies,
as this week's guest designer

 "My name is Pat Huntoon, and I am a junkie....
... a junkie for stamping and scrapbooking! 
How did this happen to me? I was THE "anti-craft" !!!
I was a driven career-woman who never did anything crafty.
Then I had my kids and all that changed. 
I found that I wanted and needed a creative outlet.
Then I found scrapbooking. 
Not long after, I was introduced to stamping, and now I am enveloped 
in this long and beautiful love affair with these two wonderful crafts.
Eventually I started a little web-site, Patstamps to display my  cards...
...Then I became addicted to techniques. 
I started to crawl the web looking for new and fun ways 
to use all of these tools that I was acquiring...
and the first Technique Junkie Newsletter was born.
        So, I am Pat Huntoon.   I am a junkie.    
A wife, a mother (two sons!) website owner, publisher and CRAFTER."


Our design team were give a wonderful tutorial
to work with called 'Clipped Corners'. 
Each designer put their own 'unique spin' on this
fabulous tutorial.  We love when we can be
creative with the 'same' technique.


Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you....

'Private Blend' Designer 
Andrea Ewen ~ EwenStyle

Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design


Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations

 Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot

Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland2

Senior Designer
Julie Ranae ~ Julie's Open Window



Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at left



The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK


Another great challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!

This Week's Fab 4...
(in alphabetical order)

Anne Marie ~ Stampin Anne
fab 4 at the play date cafe
The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!

The Cream in our Coffee...
( honorable mentions in random order )

This group can proudly display the
'Cream in Our Coffee'
badge on their blogs!

and

The Cup of the Week...

Jinny  ~ Soaring
 
Jinny wins the $60 prize package from

and can proudly display the 'Cup of the Week' Badge.
 
Jinny will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Jinny, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.



15 comments:

  1. Congrats to all the winners & to all for the inspiration! Thanks so much for selecting my card as an honorable mention :) It was great to play along as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...these are fabulous colours for this week's challenge, will have to get thinking cap on ... though as usual FANTASTIC inspiration from the DT. Thank you for honourable mention for my journal page! Cannot wait to "splodge" (whoops blend) these colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours this week to work with. Thank you, I have never been the cream in anyones coffee before...what a lovely thought.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for awarding me a "cream in our Coffee' ... really thrilled about that ... congrats to all the winners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeek! What a fabulous surprise to wake up to this morning! Soooo, stinkin' excited! Thanks for making me your Cup of the Week! There were so, very, many, fantastic entries, so I'm sure it was a tough choice! Yippeee! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for including me in the "Fab 4" this week! That is a pretty awesome way to start the day! Congrats to Jinny, too and everyone else who was chosen for their wonderful creations. :) Can't wait to play again this week. That new color combo looks like SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Color CHALLENGE!!! Can't wait to try this one and thanks so much for the wonderful honor this week, I had fun with last weeks challenge! The design team always does a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for selecting my card as an honorable mention .It is inspiring to see the different color choices every week and the wonderful creations by all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Thanks for choosing my card as one of the Fab 4 :) And congratulations to everyone else, too - all the entries were fabulous! Looking forward to playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for choosing my card for an honourable mention! I am so proud and happy! Congratulations to all the winners.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, is this color combination ever a challenge!!! I find I am woefully lacking in imagination and have only the simplest of tags for my entry. The design team is incredible. How you all came up with these fabulous examples is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the site looks fabulous and the cards and challenges better than ever. Julie and company...keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for another fantastic week, girls! I was struggling a bit with this one, but it came out alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found this one a real challenge but made it in the end. Fabulous DT makes everyone and Sarah, I'm still trying to get that birdcage die which has vanished for the moment boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ladies
    Another great challenge! Thanks for the Awesome Cards from DT Ladies.
    I enjoy the challenge.

    **Sony**
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete