Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC47


It's that time again!  
The week just seems to fly by with each challenge, doesn't it?!
We thank you so much for spreading the word and sharing the
fun we have here in The Play Date Cafe.

We are so excited about a new schedule of wonderful sponsors
who will take us all the way through the holiday season.
If this is your first time in The Cafe, you picked a great time!
The prizes that are up for grabs are going to blow you away!

This week's terrific 'color story' was chosen by our host
senior designer, Sarah Anderson and here is a taste of
inspiration all the way from the UK....


We are super excited about introducing you to
our newest sponsor.  It was a real treat to play with
their stamps this week in hopes of inspiring you to play.


Paperbag Studios offers a unique mix of rubber stamps
that appeals not only to the rubber stamper but visual
and altered artists alike.
The company was formed seven years ago when 
mixed-media artist Roben-Marie Smith began designing
rubber stamps to reflect her distinct, altered-arts voice.
In addition to designing product, Roben-Marie shares her love
of mixed-media art, handmade journals and scrapbooking
through her personal blog 'Every Life Has a Story'.
Make sure you visit the Paperbag Studios blog to
see their fabulous stamps in action.

Want to know what's up for grabs for this week's 'Cup of the Week'?

A $25 Gift Certificate to Paperbag Studios!

Let's 'meet' Roben-Marie our Guest Designer for this week....
"I am a little kooky in my ways and clearly OCD in others. I eat oatmeal for breakfast every morning, am addicted to Burt's Bees Lip Balm, I don't like wearing shoes, am a loyal friend, would rather give than receive, am afraid of heights, am an introvert who works hard to be an extrovert and my favorite color is green.
I have been married for over 21 years, I dig football, can converse on many subjects, am a God's girl and a computer geek. My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice, I am a college graduate, I like to read historical fiction, I used to work in public relations, I lift weights, embrace a variety of music genres, once rode a camel and I make amazing made-from-scratch brownies, or so I am told!
I am into a bunch of craft and art forms, including mixed media, art journaling, sewing, digi designing and more. I like to laugh but sometimes take things too seriously and one day would like to say that "making things for others" is my job!"



Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you.....

 Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot

Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland2

'Private Blend' Designer 
Andrea Ewen ~ EwenStyle

Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design

Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations

Senior Designer
Julie Ranae ~ Julie's Open Window


Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at left




The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK


Another great challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!

This Week's Fab 4...
(in alphabetical order)


The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!

The Cream in our Coffee...
( honorable mentions in random order )

This group can proudly display the
'Cream in Our Coffee'
badge on their blogs!

and

The Cup of the Week...


Tammy  ~ Creating Somewhere Under The Sun
 
Tammy wins the $40 Die Cut Package from

 
and can proudly display the 'Cup of the Week' Badge.
 
Tammy will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Tammy, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out! Congrats to all the winners! There were so many fabulous entries! I can't wait to play again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! Thanks for the honor!! That was such a pleasant surprise to find here. Great new color challenge and the samples are fab!! Excited to play again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to last week's winners. I sure want to play this week. Your DT is super talented, we know that already, but what amazing creations today! And it was lovely to meet Roben-Marie. I LOVE PBS stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to last week's winners.

    Looking forward to playing with this week's colours but I have no idea what to do with them at the mo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo thank you! Congrats to everybody and I love all the winners' entries. Looking forward to having a play with this week's colours - all the design team examples are fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors for this weeks challenge! DT projects are so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled to have made the Fab 4, thanks!!!! Congratulations to Tammy and all the other winners. I can't wait to take part this week, just need to wait for an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am over the moon to have made the fab 4. thank you so much! I shall look forward to joining in again,
    Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the cafe winners!
    I love the houses here for the new challenge!
    Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so thrilled to stumble across your site...can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the recognition! I always love playing at PDCC and try not to miss a challenge. They are SO MUCH FUN! Congrats to all this week's winners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally lovin' the PBS inspiration this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to last week's winners!! You all took a tricky color challenge and worked wonders. I had so much fun with this week's challenge - the DT's samples are all gorgeous, and I'm lovin' those Paperbag Studios stamps. What a perfect combo of colors and images! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great news that Paperbag Studios are sponsoring this week, I love there stamps and in fact have the new stamp set that all the DT have used, I love it. Great to see everyone's intepretation, so varied, that's what I love about stamps. Well done to the winners last week. Have a good Friday everyone, Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You outdid yourself again, girls - what fun and artsy stuff!! LOVE these colours too, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome challenge and DT cards ladies!!! Congrats to the winners and thanks for choosing my card for Honorable Mention!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to all of last week's winners!

    I'm super excited to play along ,for the first time, this week! Thanks for a fun color combo and awesome inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete